UPDATED COVID PROCEDURES:
- We will no longer send students/staff home due to exposure to symptoms.
- We will continue to send home individual students/staff with 2 or more symptoms. In order for them to return they have to meet the following guidelines:
- 48 hours fever/symptom free, and
- A negative RT-PCR (Panel) within 3 days of returning to school/work. A rapid test will NOT be accepted
- Or, a release from a doctor to return to work/school
- Or, quarantine for 14 days.
- We will continue to contact trace those who may have been exposed through close contact with a positive case. They will have to quarantine following these new guidelines:
- Individuals can quarantine for 14 days Or,
- If they choose to return after 10 days they will have to take a RT-PCR (Panel) with negative results. The test will have to be given within 3 days of the date they will return to work.
- Ex: You are exposed on Thursday. You will quarantine immediately, take a RT-PCR (Panel) 7-9 days later (the following Thursday, Friday or Saturday) and if it is negative you may return on Monday.
- You MUST quarantine a minimum of 10 days, returning on day 11 only with a NEGATIVE RT-PCR (Panel) test.
- Please keep in mind that a panel test takes 2-3 days to get results.
Exception to Quarantine for Exposure:
If an individual can produce a positive test in the last three months, they do not have to quarantine after being exposed to a positive case. They will still have to follow the guidelines if they are experiencing 2 or more symptoms or if they receive a positive test.
- The person may return 10 days from the date of the test. We will no longer use the date of symptoms as the beginning of the quarantine.